Information Technology Daylight Saving Time Update Plan
- Provide all LAN Managers with resources to familiarize themselves with the DST issue and assist them in preparing to deal with issues as they arise.
- Notify all users of the DST update plan and provide them with a web page link containing information including: updating computer operating systems, electronic mailbox and mobile devices with links to resources.
- Notify all users once this process is complete.
Operating System updates
All Desktop Operating Systems must be updated with the DST patch. This must happen prior to updating the Exchange Servers with the OS and Exchange patches. All computers across campus have receive the patch. Some systems will need to be manually patched.
Exchange Server and Outlook mailbox updates
- All Exchange Servers will be patched on 02/19/2007, with both the OS and Exchange patches.
- The Exchange Calendar Update Tool will begin running against every Exchange mailbox and will correct each calendar entry that is dated between March 11th and April 1st. This process could take up to 14 days to complete.